Learn all the essential skills of GameMaker: Studio and start making your own impressive games with easeAbout This Book
- Learn the core aspects of GameMaker: Studio to create stunning games and share them with the world
- Learn how to create games in GameMaker using the GameMaker Language (GML)
- A fast-paced, step-by-step guide that focuses on providing practical skills to develop applications
This book is for users experienced with game development who now want to learn how to develop games in GameMaker: Studio in a fast-paced way.What You Will Learn
- Get to grips with the GameMaker: Studio interface
- Discover resources such as sprites, shaders, scripts, and many more in GameMaker and what each one is used for
- Create and animate sprites using the GameMaker sprite editor
- Design your own game using GameMaker Language programing
- Create objects and program them to use in your games
- Set up monetization and analytics in your games
- Deploy and publish your games online across platforms such as Android, iOS, and Windows
GameMaker: Studio is a great game engine that can be used to publish games to a variety of platforms. It is one of the most versatile game creation tools for professional and beginner game developers alike.
Starting with the basics of learning how to install GameMaker, this book will take you all the way through to publishing your games online. Compiled with detailed instructions and images, this book starts by showing you how the GameMaker: Studio interface looks and works. After this, you'll move on to learning about resources such as sprites, paths, sounds, and more available in GameMaker, and what each resource is used for. We then move into the GameMaker Language (GML) and learn programing techniques including how variables are set up and what functions are and how they work. You'll understand how to manipulate GameMaker resources using GML. Following this, you will then make your very first GameMaker game using a combination of resources and programing techniques, and learn how to advertise your game and generate revenue and publicity for it. You can then export and publish your games across desktop and mobile platforms.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book