I have already told you the ways to become a used book hunter in the previous article. In continuation of that, today we’ll discuss ways to make a profit out of those books that you have hunted.
Before beginning, you must understand why people buy used books. The four most common reasons are:
- To save money; as a used book can be bought for less than half the price of a new one.
- To protect the environment: Buying used books means that they’ll not be disposed in landfills and is also a good way to recycle resources.
- As an investment: Books get old and damaged, after years there might not be many copies left, people can make money here by selling the books they have been holding onto for all this time as a collector’s item.
- To own a rare/out of print book: Not all books stay in print for a long duration, some are no longer on sale. Buying such a book might interest certain specialists.
Continue reading “How to make money selling used textbooks”
We all have heard stories about how someone bought a rare book for a dirt cheap price and made thousands of dollars off it. Makes you want to dive into that stack of old dirty books lying on the ground in a thrift store, doesn’t it? But soon you realize that those stories are as rare as the books featured in them, something not likely to happen to everyone.
Continue reading “How to Become a Used Book Hunter”
Student’s debt today has crippled the American youth, with statistics showing that young adults on average owe $35,000 in debt. With increasing unemployment and a low minimum wage it becomes nearly impossible for a large number of individuals to pay back this amount in the required timeframe. The best way to live peacefully thus is to avoid student debt at Continue reading “How to Avoid Student Debt”
Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
Hello, it’s Tom. You’re no basic girlfriend (or boyfriend). You’re a pro girlfriend (or boyfriend). Anyway, let’s be ready for Valentine’s day and have fun. Let’s shop and don’t forget about half price candy day after the holiday.
1. Smartphone Projector, $27 Insta-flash smartphone LED Light
Project your favorite movie (or Netflix series) on your bedroom wall for a cinema experience at home. Buy it here Continue reading “For you, for him, for her”
Loose leaf textbook: what is it?
The following information might be extremely useful for students who are willing to get back some money they have spent on their college textbooks. You probably already know that many textbooks are currently sold in a loose leaf, or “binder ready” format (which is also sometimes called a la Carte since they may be printed on demand by the publisher).
If a book is a loose leaf, this means that it does not have a traditional binding like a hardcover or a paperback: basically, a loose leaf edition is just a stack of pages which may be three-hole-punched so that they could be held together by a binder.
Loose leaf editions have their advantages and disadvantages comparing to other editions, and you might want to consider them before purchasing such book: Continue reading “Can you sell it?”
Hi there, it’s Tom. I’ve got some new stuff because I found a few easy ways to get cash! See below:
6th place: Become Uber Driving Specialist
The best candidate for this position must correspond to the following criteria: Continue reading “6 ways to earn money for students”
While we all are anticipating Christmas and being busy in the attempt to figure out the best presents to give, now is actually a great time to do something else as well. The year of 2018 is quickly nearing (it’s hard to believe, I know), and making sure it is the one to remember should already be on your agenda. Making lists may not be your favorite thing to do but don’t feel stressed, I’m here to help you create the most exciting and(!) the most achievable list (and just the perfect one for you).
Continue reading “New Year’s Resolutions Ideas → Make 2018 Count!”
At last! Christmas holidays are coming! Now it’s BooksRun Christmas Contest with 2 prizes at stake – iPad and Kindle!
How to win Kindle:
- repost that particular blog article to your active Facebook account;
- place our hashtag #BooksRunChristmas above the post;
- become our participant for a nice prize automatically;
- The winner? The person chosen randomly by our system!
How to win iPad:
- create a spectacular Christmas-themed construction totally made of books (i.e. a Christmas tree, Christmas wreath, etc.);
- repost the photo with hashtag #BooksRunChristmas to your active Facebook account and Instagram;
- collect as many “Likes” to the post on your page as possible;
- The winner? The person with more “Likes”!
The winners of BooksRun Christmas contest will be announced on December 25, 2017: the most creative, innovative and simply the luckiest men to win such amazing prizes! Good luck, dear participants!
Shopping tips for BLACK FRIDAY
Black Friday is coming and, of course, the best idea on such a day is to find excellent deals and nice bargains on stuff that you have been dreaming of to purchase for a long time but could not afford because of biting prices. Tom the Bookworm has prepared a bunch of useful tips on how to get the most out of Black Friday. Let’s hit the big time together with some tricks of ours: Continue reading “Happy Thanksgiving and Black Friday + 10% coupon!”