To ensure safe delivery of your textbook(s), make sure your package meets all the following requirements:
- Books need to be packed tightly. You have to be able to pick up the box and not feel the books shifting inside. You may also cut the corners of the box.
- Secure the empty areas of the box with bubble-wrap or packing paper. Please do not use pellets. You may ask your local post office for suitable packaging supplies.
- Consider using heavy duty boxes, especially when sending more than 3 books. Do not simply wrap the books in paper or use soft packaging.
- Seal it with a suitable packing tape. Scotch and masking are not considered to be such.
- Include a packing slip listing all the books that are being shipped.
- Wrap the contents in plastic to help them stay dry in case of rain during shipping.
- Do not use multiple copies of one label for many boxes! One label is for one box only.
- Do not use boxes that are too big. Larger boxes are more likely to be damaged during shipping than smaller ones.
- Please do not use Priority Mail/flat rate boxes (white with red stripes). The additional fees imposed on us for expedited/First Class shipping will be deducted from the buyback quote.
- All supplementary materials need to be included in the package. If there is a CD, put it inside the hardcover book to prevent breaking, not on top of it.
- You may choose to purchase additional insurance if you get an uninsured Media Mail label.
- Make sure you’ve included all the books and checked them by ISBN.
- Any damage that was incurred before or during shipping may decrease the price of your book.
- We do not send back for free the books that were not accepted.
- Please note that BooksRun is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred during shipping. BooksRun is also not shipping back for free the books that do not fit the criteria of acceptance.
March 7th, 2018