- Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Books we do not accept for buyback
- Books which have any of the following markings anywhere on the cover or inside: 'Free copy'; 'promotional copy';
'complimentary copy'; 'not for resale'; 'not for sale'; 'preliminary edition'; 'uncorrected proof'
- Partial sets or incomplete sets (i.e. only volume 1 of a 2 volume set)
- Writing, markings, or highlighting on multiple pages
- Workbooks, lab manuals, study guides with markings on more than 6 pages
- Moisture or any water damage, mold, staining
- Cigarette smell or any other strong odor
- Torn cover or pages
- Filled out tests or exams on any pages
- If a book comes with a CD or other supplementary materials, they must be included in usable condition
- Missing pages or pages which are mixed or falling out
- Ripped, detached, or broken spine or binding. All pages need to be firmly attached to the binding
- Access cards with used or visible access codes. Protective layer of the code should be in the original condition
- Books which do not comply with U.S. copyright laws or do not have a copyright page
- Books authenticity of which cannot be
- Barcode and ISBN should be printed on the book, not on a sticker
- Custom editions for a specific college or area
- Rebound books
Price quotes are valid for 5 days and may be adjusted in following cases:
- The package is scanned by the mail carrier later than 5 days after order placement or quote recalculation
- Quoted book quantity is not equal to the actual quantity in shipment -- quote might be corrected for every extra
- Duplicate orders with the same ISBN exceeding maximum accepted quantities (next order containing similar ISBNs can
be created only in 14 days after the first one)
- Item condition is different from quoted
- Item ISBN is different from quoted
- Item not initially quoted in this order
- International or instructor's editions may be accepted at a fraction of a price of a student/US edition
Make sure to read the Buyback Condition Guide before
sending your books.
- New. A brand-new, unused, unopened item in its original packaging, with all original packaging
materials included. Original protective wrapping, if any, is intact. Supplementary materials must be included.
- Used - Very Good. Books with minor to no signs of wear and tear. This includes
markings, tears, and other general damage from use. All pages must be included and attached to the binding, and all
text must be legible. Supplementary materials must be included.
- Used - Acceptable. Books with signs of cover or page damage, 'dog ears', odor, slight writing,
highlighting, and other markings. All pages must be included and attached to the binding, and all text must be
legible. Supplementary materials must be included. Books must not have any water damage; otherwise, the quote may
be adjusted or books not accepted.
If any supplementary materials (access codes, CDs, DVDs, exam sheets etc.) are missing or used up, BooksRun reserves
the right to adjust the price. The same applies to books we do not accept.
The items which are not initially quoted in the order do not receive the quote after the delivery.
Inauthentic books policy
- The matter of counterfeit textbooks is taken very seriously by us since each item received at our facility is inspected carefully and thoroughly in accordance with the required guidelines on the basis of the US Code prohibiting the illegal distribution of counterfeit copies. A counterfeit book is an unauthorized copy, imitation or replica of an original copyrighted book, produced by some source other than the identified and authorized publisher/copyright holder or licensee. More details concerning counterfeits are specified here.
- By participating in our buyback program a user guarantees and provides a warrant that any item sent to us is a legitimate copy. If the authenticity of the item sent to our facility for a buyback program cannot be verified and/or the item in question has any signs of being a counterfeit copy, a user acknowledges that no payment is issued for such an item. A user also approves that no return of any item that is determined and/or considered to be counterfeit or fraudulent is possible since such copies are eligible for confiscation and forwarding to the relevant publisher for investigation. If the publisher determines the book is indeed counterfeit, such an item is subject to further immediate disposal without any objection; in such a case, we may be required to specify source information to the publisher. If the publisher determines that the item is a legitimate copy, the user will receive the originally quoted payment in full.
Shipping and Returns
- Prepaid shipping labels are automatically provided for buyback orders.
- Prepaid USPS Media Mail labels do not automatically include insurance. User is agreeing to use USPS Media Mail
labels at their own discretion unless the insurance is purchased by the user.
- BooksRun is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred during shipping; including one caused by
irresponsibility of the sender or inadequate packaging.
- Each FedEx Ground and FedEx SmartPost label has up to $100 insurance value. The USPS labels do not include
insurance; however, the insurance may be purchased by the customer if the buyback quote is lower than $100.
- The insurance covers only the buyback orders which are lost in transit and the tracking information on the mail
carrier's website still indicates the shipment in progress.
*USPS insurance for the packages higher than $100 is optional for the customer and is not at the expense of BooksRun.
- The insurance payout is not provided for the damaged items and missing contents if the order is marked as
"Delivered" by the mail carrier.
- BooksRun will not provide free returns for books that had their quotes adjusted. Returns are made only after the
reimbursement of the return fee by the user.
- Books which had their quotes adjusted are held for a period of 72 hours after processing. User may request a return
via an online form during this period.
- The item which will be sent to the user may not be the same copy but a similar one in the same condition.
- If the items received cannot be quoted on the BooksRun website or do not have an ISBN, BooksRun reserves the right
to dispose of them at their own discretion.
- Each book received by BooksRun gets a sticker which is attached to the back cover.
- Books that have already been processed are not eligible for return under any circumstances.
- Shipping for buyback orders with a final price lower than $15 is not paid for by BooksRun.
- If you create multiple small orders containing only one or two books instead of putting them into one order, we may
charge you with shipping fee for every additional order.
- Multiple accounts are not allowed and will be suspended.
Payments are usually issued within 4 business days after order processing. Sometimes payment may take longer due to
banking delays etc.
- BooksRun is not responsible for incorrect payment information provided during order submission.
- Delivery of the check usually takes 3-20 business days.
- Checks are valid for 60 days.
- Final quotes cannot be higher than the initial ones.
PURCHASES AND RENTALS
- We will charge your credit/debit card for the purchase or rent price of the books and shipping charges when you
purchase or rent an item from us.
- When you receive your purchased item from BooksRun, the item becomes your property. When you receive your rental
item, it still belongs to BooksRun, unless the purchase price is charged.
- Supplementary materials are not guaranteed with rental orders.
- Supplementary materials are not guaranteed with used items.
- Items rented may correspond to any condition between New and Used-Acceptable.
- Items rented may correspond to alternate editions, such as international, teacher/instructor's editions, etc.
- Orders are shipped with USPS or FedEx.
- User can extend their rental order for 15 days.
- User has to ship back the rental order back to us before the deadline.
- If your rental is not shipped back before the deadline and returned on time, your card will be charged with the
extension fee. If the item is not sent before the second deadline after 15 days extension, the purchase price of the
item will be charged. Otherwise, your account will be sent to the collection agency.
- If a rental item is damaged by the user to the point of being unusable, a purchase price will be charged.
- If you have clicked the button "Print free return label" on your rental order page and received a prepaid return
shipping label, it should be used within 25 days; otherwise, it will become unavailable in 25 days and the return
shipping fee should be covered by the user.
Shipping and Returns
- BooksRun is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred during shipping.
- We have 14 days return policy on all items originally purchased with us. Refunds are issued once the item is
received by us in its original condition.
- A restocking fee may apply for the items returned later than 14 days after the delivery.
- We do not provide replacements.
- Shipping costs for discretionary returns are not covered by BooksRun.
- Refusal of the package is not a valid method of return, and any return shipping fees incurred by BooksRun may be
deducted from the final refund.
- We do not refund any charges related to rental orders.
Rental collection authorization
The customer will not cancel or exceed the purchasing limits of the credit or debit card above until the rented
textbooks are either returned to BooksRun or the Non-return Fees are paid. If the credit or debit card is declined,
the customer account will be sent to a Third Party Collection Agency. The customer is responsible for paying all
Collection Fees assessed by the Third Party Collection Agency. In case the rental order is eligible to be returned to
BooksRun after the expiry date, the customer will still be liable for a service fee assessed by the Third Party
BooksRun will make reasonable efforts to process transactions in a timely manner. The
customer agrees not to hold BooksRun responsible in the event BooksRun does not credit or debit a credit or debit card
for a period of time due to circumstances beyond its control. BooksRun makes no guarantees regarding the processing
time for charges.
In order for BooksRun to service the order or to collect any amount owed, unless otherwise
prohibited by applicable law, BooksRun or a designated Third Party Collection Agency are authorized to (i) contact the
customer by telephone at the telephone number(s) in the contact information provided, including wireless telephone
numbers, which could result in charges to the customer, (ii) contact the customer by sending text messages (message
and data rates may apply) or emails, using any email address provided and/or (iii) methods of contact may include
using pre-recorded/artificial voice message and/or use of an automatic dialing device, as applicable.
BooksRun and other marks indicated on the Site are trademarks of BooksRun or its affiliates. BooksRun graphics,
logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are all trademarks or trade dress of BooksRun or its
affiliates (the "Trademarks and Trade Dress"). The Trademarks and Trade Dress may not be used by you in any way,
including, but not limited to, use (i) in connection with any product or service that is not provided by BooksRun,
(ii) in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers or (iii) in any manner that disparages or
discredits BooksRun or its affiliates. All other trademarks not owned by BooksRun or its affiliates that appear on the
Site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by
BooksRun or its affiliates.
BooksRun may terminate your use or registration with or without cause at any time without notice to you. We reserve
the right to discontinue the communication with the customer if they choose to use profanities or threats. In the
event of a breach by you of these Terms of Service, any such termination by BooksRun shall be in addition to and
without prejudice to such rights and remedies as may be available to BooksRun, including injunction and other
equitable remedies. The disclaimer, limitations on liability, indemnity and termination provisions of these Terms of
Service shall survive the termination or expiry of these Terms of Service.
We will do our best to resolve any controversy or dispute that you may have with us in a satisfactory manner. If we
are unable to resolve any such dispute, then either party shall submit such controversy or dispute to mediation. If
the dispute cannot be resolved through mediation, then the parties shall be free to pursue any right or remedy
available to them under applicable law.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless BooksRun, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, customers, vendors,
officers and employees from any liability, damage or cost (including reasonable attorneys' fees and cost) from any
of any law or other right of any person or entity.
When you submit your registration, you will create a password-protected account to access certain features or
functions of this Site. You agree to keep your account information and password confidential. You are responsible for
all activities that occur under your account. You may not post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any
communication designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any other Site user. One
account can be used only by one person. You agree to tell BooksRun immediately about any suspected unauthorized use of
your account. BooksRun will not be responsible for any loss to you caused by your failure to comply with these
Age of users
BooksRun does not intend for the Site to be used by individuals under the age of 18 without the supervision of a
parent or guardian 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18, you may use the Site only with involvement of a
parent or guardian.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND
CONDITIONS ABOVE. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE, FROM TIME TO TIME IN OUR SOLE
DISCRETION. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU OF AMENDMENTS TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY POSTING THEM TO THIS WEBSITE. IF YOU DO
NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS THIS WEBSITE.
March 24th, 2020