McGraw-Hill Connect Sociology® is a subscription-based learning service accessible online through your personal computer or tablet. Choose this option if your instructor will require Connect to be used in the course. Your subscription to Connect includes the following:
• SmartBook® - an adaptive digital version of the course textbook that personalizes your reading experience based on how well you are learning the content.
• Investigate Sociology - a guided research activity that gives students critical thinking practice applying core content to a simulated real-world issue, concluding with a short writing assignment.
• In Their Shoes - a critical thinking activity that puts students in the “shoes” of a character in crisis. Using data and background information, students learn how decisions in everyday life affect a character in different socioeconomic positions.
• Applying the Perspectives - a critical thinking activity that provides three statements applied to an issue. Students match the theoretical perspective to the statement provided.
• Access to your instructor’s homework assignments, quizzes, syllabus, notes, reminders, and other important files for the course.
• Progress dashboards that quickly show how you are performing on your assignments and tips for improvement.
• The option to purchase (for a small fee) a print version of the book. This binder-ready, loose-leaf version includes free shipping.
Complete system requirements to use Connect can be found here: http://www.mheducation.com/highered/platforms/connect/training-support-students.html
Rate this book!