Athletic Director's Desk Reference
Athletic Director’s Desk Reference With Web Resource is the most authoritative and comprehensive resource available for collegiate athletic administrators. Loaded with practical tools, this resource guides program administrators in navigating their increasingly complex roles in athletic programs of any size. With this reference, administrators will confidently handle typical and unexpected situations and address the various policy and system needs required for running a successful athletic program.
Authors Lopiano and Zotos, well known and respected for their contributions to collegiate and scholastic athletics, guide readers with more than 75 combined years of experience as athletic program administrators, coaches, and consultants. Complete with a practical web resource, Athletic Director’s Desk Reference offers extensive advice and tools for today’s athletic director, covering leadership and organizational planning, office and facilities operations, staff management, student–athlete relations, team administration, event management, fundraising, media relations, and more. Both the print and e-book versions of Athletic Director’s Desk Reference help readers quickly find the materials and information required for performing specific tasks or functions. They include numbered contents and cross-references to the web resource, allowing readers to move seamlessly between the two.
This comprehensive resource includes more than 120 management tips and planning tools in the book that provide expert insights and strategic advice, and more than 340 documents in the web resource that can be downloaded and customized to meet the needs of each athletic program:
• Management tips in the book present foundational information, problem-solving strategies, and suggestions for management of employees, programs, events, and facilities.
• Planning tools in the book provide specific steps or considerations to take in the development of strategic plans, action plans, professional development plans, and governance systems.
• Educational resources in the web resource can be used for teaching and motivating staff members, campus constituents, volunteers, and student-athletes.
• Evaluation instruments and risk assessments in the web resource help directors, supervisors, and employees assess job performance, evaluate program contents, identify risks, and prevent litigation.
• Policies and forms in the web resource allow athletic directors to produce effective policies and procedures with only simple modifications and customizations.
The engaging narrative, philosophies, and advice from seasoned professionals combined with customizable and practical materials make this a unique and essential reference for athletic directors of all levels and abilities. Athletic Director’s Desk Reference empowers administrators to confront issues and lead with confidence while saving time and research. As a result, athletic directors will become more efficient, more effective, more mission driven, and more successful in virtually any task, decision, or strategy.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book