Core Curriculum for Oncology Nursing
The only OCN® Exam review developed in collaboration with the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS), the Core Curriculum for Oncology Nursing, 6th Edition is the must-have OCN® certification review resources. This essential guide covers the entire scope of practice for oncology nursing and reflects important changes in the dynamic field of cancer treatment and care. The thoroughly revised sixth edition follows the latest test blueprint for the OCN® Exam and is presented in a streamlined outline format to help you focus on the most important information. Recognized as the definitive resource for concepts and practice in oncology nursing, this is the #1 review tool when preparing for OCN® certification!
- This definitive study resource for the OCN® Examination is the only such resource developed in collaboration with and endorsed by the Oncology Nursing Society.
- Coverage of the entire scope of oncology care includes quality of life, protective mechanisms, gastrointestinal and urinary function, cardiopulmonary function, oncologic emergencies, the scientific basis for practice, health promotion, and professional performance.
- Consistent outline format provides a quick-reference review that begins with theory and continues through the steps of the nursing process.
- Emphasis on QSEN competencies is designed to reduce errors, with a focus on safety and evidence-based practice including Safety Alerts for cancer chemotherapy drugs.
- Updates on cancer treatment and related nursing care include the mostcurrent and accurate information, preparing you for the OCN exam and for enhanced clinical practice.
- NEW! Content has been updated throughout to reflect the most recent Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) role delineation study, the latest OCN® Examination test blueprint, and important findings in cancer treatment and related nursing care, backed by the latest research evidence.
- NEW! Chapters reflect the latest ONS information on nurse navigation, communication and shared decision-making, precision medicine, immunotherapy, cognitive and endocrine symptoms, and compassion fatigue.
- NEW! Enhanced use of color in tables, boxes, and outlines improves visual appeal and learning.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book