The New Art and Science of Teaching Art and Music: Effective Teaching Strategies Designed for Music and Art Education
Part of The New Art and Science of Teaching series
Ensure your art and music programs thrive with the support of The New Art and Science of Teaching Art and Music. Built on the foundation of Robert J. Marzano's New Art and Science of Teaching framework, this research-based book for art and music teachers outlines music- and arts-based teaching strategies. Rely on the book's myriad strategies to enhance your daily practice and promote the artistic expression, creative growth, and critical thinking skills of every student.
Use this art and music education book to establish effective teaching strategies that inspire creative and technical skills:
- Explore a model for strengthening instructional strategies for art and music.
- Understand which elements of instruction are best suited to teaching art and music, and utilize the specific suggestions and techniques for implementing these elements.
- Receive time-tested strategies and ideas to improve teaching and learning in art and music classrooms.
- Examine teaching methods for increasing student engagement in art and music programs.
- Confront the unique challenges found in art and music education, and feel inspired to collaborate with other teachers to continuously improve fine or creative arts programs.
A joint publication of ASCD and Solution Tree
Chapter 1: Providing and Communicating Clear Learning Goals
Chapter 2: Using Assessments
Chapter 3: Conducting Direct Instruction Lessons
Chapter 4: Conducting Practicing and Deepening Lessons
Chapter 5: Conducting Knowledge Application Lessons
Chapter 6: Using Strategies That Appear in All Types of Lessons
Chapter 7: Using Engagement Strategies
Chapter 8: Implementing Rules and Procedures
Chapter 9: Building Relationships
Chapter 10: Communicating High Expectations
Chapter 11: Developing Expertise
Appendix A: New Art and Science of Teaching Framework Overview
Appendix B: Recommended Resources
Appendix C: List of Figures and Tables
References and Resources
Books in The New Art and Science of Teaching series:
- The New Art and Science of Teaching
- The Handbook for the New Art and Science of Teaching
- The New Art and Science of Teaching Reading
- The New Art and Science of Teaching Writing
- The New Art and Science of Classroom Assessment
- The New Art and Science of Mathematics
- The New Art and Science of Art and Music
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book