Auditory Processing Disorders (Assessment, Management, and Treatment)
This third edition presents the tireless ongoing study, research, and clinical application by the best minds in the field of APD whose work is changing the way clinicians are affecting the lives of thousands of individuals who struggle with APD. This edition emerges as a more thorough study of the discipline, with new authors, experimental findings, and discoveries to render the science more definitive.
The third edition includes a global perspective of auditory processing including the latest in evidence base treatment programs. Such additions include:
- New chapters from internationally renowned authors such as Harvey Dillon, Sharron Cameron (Australia), Doris Bamiou (South America), and Vivian Illiadou (Greece).
- New chapters addressing neurological brain damage and its impact on auditory processing, psychiatric disorders associated with auditory processing, the impact of otitus media on auditory processing skills, and new methods for diagnosing (spatialized noise test).
- A new chapter on psychological testing and what psychologists contribute to the full battery of testing, diagnosis, and knowledge base of APD.
- A new chapter on an evidence based program known as CAPDOTS from Carol Lai in Vancouver with data to support its use in deficit specific remediation.
- A thoroughly updated chapter from Nina Kraus and her laboratory colleagues at Brain Volts, Northwestern University.
- Updated chapters reflect the current research on AN/AD and the newest relevant tests for the SLP to administer when screening for APD.
- Updated images of new FM systems and Apps for treatment.
- New features such as web links and references/resources.
- Content has been edited to be more concise and reader friendly for increased readability and comprehension.
- The book was condensed based on reviewer feedback so that it can be used for a semester of study in the discipline with ease of reading and coursework.
*Note Regarding Access to Supplementary Content Online: This book comes with related materials hosted on a PluralPlus companion website. If you purchase or rent a used copy of the printed book, the code to access the website printed inside the book may have been previously redeemed/used or be incorrect and you will NOT be able to use it. To guarantee access to the supplementary materials on the website, it is recommended you purchase a new/unused copy of this book directly from Amazon or the publisher, Plural Publishing, Inc. If you purchase from other resellers, check with the reseller regarding the validity of the access code before completing your purchase. The publisher will not replace inactive access codes to customers renting or purchasing used books from Amazon or via other resellers.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book