Child Abuse Quick Reference 3E: For Health Care, Social Service, and Law Enforcement Professionals
The Third Edition of Child Abuse Quick Reference is completely revised and expanded, with new and emerging science for the multidisciplinary response to child abuse. It features updated models for the investigation, diagnosis, and treatment of child abuse as well as three all-new chapters on: nonfatal strangulation in children, pregnancy in sexually abused minors, and prevention of child maltreatment.
With this latest edition, Child Abuse Quick Reference remains the most detailed and convenient field guide to child maltreatment - ideal for professionals working directly with abused children. Medical practitioners, social workers, attorneys, law enforcement personnel, and others will find this easy-to-use guide essential to their work on the front lines of prevention and intervention in cases of child maltreatment.
- Radiologic signs of abuse
- Abusive head injury and differential diagnoses
_ Bruises and burns caused by abuse or neglect
- Chemical abuse of children
- Sexual abuse, STDs, and pregnancy in children and adolescents
- Forensic interview protocols
- Evidence collection and documentation
- Neglect, abandonment, and failure to thrive
- Child death investigations
- Prevention of child maltreatment
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book