OpenStack: Building a Cloud Environment
About This Book
- Harness the abilities of experienced OpenStack administrators and architects, and run your own private cloud successfully
- Learn how to install, configure, and manage all of the OpenStack core projects including topics on Object Storage, Block Storage, and Neutron Networking services such as LBaaS and FWaaS
- Get better equipped to troubleshoot and solve common problems in performance, availability, and automation that confront production-ready OpenStack environments
This course is for those who are new to OpenStack who want to learn the cloud networking fundamentals and get started with OpenStack networking. Basic understanding of Linux Operating System, Virtualization, and Networking, and Storage principles will come in handy.What You Will Learn
- Get an introduction to OpenStack and its components
- Store and retrieve data and images using storage components, such as Cinder, Swift, and Glance
- Install and configure Swift, the OpenStack Object Storage service, including configuring Container Replication between datacenters
- Gain hands on experience and familiarity with Horizon, the OpenStack Dashboard user interface
- Learn how to automate OpenStack installations using Ansible and Foreman
- Follow practical advice and examples for running OpenStack in production
- Fix common issues with images served through Glance and master the art of troubleshooting Neutron networking
OpenStack is a collection of software projects that work together to provide a cloud fabric.
Learning OpenStack Cloud Computing course is an exquisite guide which will help you gain a clearer understanding of OpenStack's components and their interaction with each other to build a cloud environment.
The first module, Learning OpenStack, starts with a brief look into the need for authentication and authorization, the different aspects of dashboards, cloud computing fabric controllers, along with ‘Networking as a Service' and ‘Software defined Networking'.
In the second module, OpenStack Cloud Computing Cookbook, preview how to build and operate OpenStack cloud computing, storage, networking, and automation. Dive into Neutron, the OpenStack Networking service, and get your hands dirty with configuring ML2, networks, routers, and distributed virtual routers.
The final module, Troubleshooting OpenStack, will help you quickly diagnose, troubleshoot, and correct problems in your OpenStack. We will diagnose and remediate issues in Keystone, Glance, Neutron networking, Nova, Cinder block storage, Swift object storage, and issues caused by Heat orchestration.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book