Farm Animal Behaviour: Characteristics for Assessment of Health and Welfare
Completely updated and revised, and with a new author team, this second edition of Farm Animal Behaviour continues to provide essential information on normal and stereotypic behaviors in a wide variety of farm animals to help in the assessment and diagnosis of their welfare.
- Comprehensive coverage of a range of farmed animals from horses, cattle, sheep, goats and pigs through to domesticated poultry, deer, ostrich and many other species
- Innate, learned and social behaviors described together with activity, vision and hearing builds a picture of normal behaviors presented in a clear and consistent way for each species
- Stereotypical behaviors, injuries and disease, resulting from improper management practices, outlined in detail
- Quality color illustrations and key information readily found for those in a busy clinical setting
- Contributions from key expert authors
Farm Animal Behaviour, second edition, provides a comprehensive yet concise background for all students, postgraduates and practitioners in veterinary medicine, animal science welfare and ethology.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book