CentOS 7 Linux Server Cookbook - Second Edition: Over 80 recipes to get up and running with CentOS 7 Linux server
Over 80 recipes to get up and running with CentOS 7 Linux serverAbout This Book
- A practical guide to install, configure, administer and maintain CentOS 7 servers
- An in-depth guide to the CentOS 7 operating system, exploring its various new features and changes in server administration
- Presents tricks and solutions to tackle common server issues with the help of practical examples and real-life scenarios
This book is targeted at beginner and more experienced system administrators alike who want to use CentOS as their server solution. Readers do not need much pre-knowledge or experience at all to work with this book.What You Will Learn
- Install and configure CentOS 7 Linux server system from scratch using normal and advanced methods
- Maintain a performance-based and secure server solution by deploying expert configuration advice and managing software packages
- Monitor, manage and develop your server's file system to maintain a stable performance
- Gain best practice methods on sharing files and resources through a network
- Install and configure common standard services such as web, mail, FTP, database and domain name server technologies
- Introduce you to the world of operating-system-level virtualization using the Docker platform.
- Understand the fundamentals of the Security-Enhanced Linux access control architecture
- Monitor your IT infrastructure using Nagios
This book will provide you with a comprehensive series of starting points that will give you direct access to the inner workings of the latest CentOS version 7 and help you trim the learning curve to master your server.
You will begin with the installation and basic configuration of CentOS 7, followed by learning how to manage your system, services and software packages. You will then gain an understanding of how to administer the file system, secure access to your server and configure various resource sharing services such as file, printer and DHCP servers across your network. Further on, we cover advanced topics such as FTP services, building your own DNS server, running database servers, and providing mail and web services. Finally, you will get a deep understanding of SELinux and you will learn how to work with Docker operating-system virtualization and how to monitor your IT infrastructure with Nagios.
By the end of this book, you will have a fair understanding of all the aspects of configuring, implementing and administering CentOS 7 Linux server and how to put it in control.Style and approach
This book is a practical reference guide with hands-on examples and solutions to real-world administration problems. It covers in-depth and comprehensive information on CentOS 7 and its new features.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book