Picture Book of Psalms: For Seniors with Dementia [Large Print Bible Verse Picture Books] (Religious Activities for Seniors)
This calming picture book offers self-empowerment, hope, and dignity to people with dementia, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, or those rehabilitating after a stroke. Share the relaxing pleasures with a loved one of flipping through favorite inspirational Scripture verses from the Book of Psalms alongside high quality, colorful images of nature.
Rekindle the love of books for elderly readers with dementia. Seeing these beautiful photos can spark conversation or reminiscence, reinforcing a sense of self and identity.Connect to a Loved One
- Set a positive mood for interaction with full-color, high quality photos
- Quiet and calm activity, especially for afternoon and evening hours
- Therapeutic images reduce anxiety
- No mention of dementia, memory loss, or anything that could cause stress or embarrassment
- Each verse is written in very large print, one verse per page
- Images are a powerful opportunity for association and reminiscence
- Soft cover
- 6x9 inches
- 41 pages
Helpful Tips for Caregivers
- Sit beside your loved-one in a quiet area with no distractions
- Avoid shadows or reflections on the pages
- Provide a pillow on your loved-one's lap to support their hands and the book
- Allow your loved one to turn the pages when possible. This allows them to control the pace for engagement and reminiscence.
- Use in a group or care setting can bring individuals with dementia together and can be used as an entertaining activity that helps combat boredom or depression.
- Coloring Book of Psalms - New!
- Picture Book of Hymns
- Picture Book of Gospels
- Picture Book of Proverbs
- Picture Book of Puppies
- Picture Book of Birds
- Picture Book of Sunsets
- Picture Book of Oceans
- Picture Book of Flowers
- Picture Book of Landscapes
- Picture Book of Lakes
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book