Professional Communication in Speech-Language Pathology: How to Write, Talk, and Act Like a Clinician, Fourth Edition
In Professional Communication in Speech-Language Pathology: How to Write, Talk, and Act Like a Clinician, Fourth Edition, the authors introduce student clinicians to the various types of written and verbal communication they will encounter across three different clinical settings: university clinics, medical settings, and public schools. The text is written in a student-friendly manner, with appendices that provide examples of diagnostic and treatment reports, data sheets, and important acronyms in medical and school settings. Chapters cover verbal interactions with families, allied professionals, and supervisors, as well as written and verbal communication across the university, medical, and school settings. Also included are scenarios written in the form of vignettes that address issues of ethics, interviewing, and procedures for managing protected health information.New to the Fourth Edition
- New pedagogical features (chapter learning outcomes and reflection questions).
- References and content updated throughout to reflect the current state of research and evidence-based practice.
- Updated information regarding current requirements and policies for written documentation.
- Expanded information regarding HIPAA and the ASHA Code of Ethics.
- Expanded content regarding interacting with supervisors and generational differences.
- Material on methods for improving writing and editing
- Numerous additional examples to further clarify the content and portions reorganized for greater flow of information.
- Content has been edited to be more concise and reader friendly.
- A PluralPlus companion website which includes PowerPoint lecture slides, reflection questions, and active learning activities.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book