David R. Morrow
wrote A Workbook for Arguments, Second Edition: A Complete Course in Critical Thinking
comprising 528 pages back in 2015.
Textbook and eTextbook are published under ISBN 162466427X and 9781624664274.
Since then A Workbook for Arguments, Second Edition: A Complete Course in Critical Thinking textbook
was available to sell back to BooksRun online for the top buyback price
of $ 2.15 or rent at the marketplace.
A Workbook for Arguments
builds on Anthony Weston’s A Rulebook for Arguments
to provide a complete textbook for a course in critical thinking or informal logic. The second edition adds:
- Updated and improved homework exercises—nearly one third are new—to ensure that the examples continue to resonate with students.
- Increased coverage of scientific reasoning, demonstrating how scientific reasoning dovetails with critical thinking more generally
- Two new activities in which students analyze arguments in their original form, as provided in brief selections from the original texts.
This edition continues to include
- The entire text of Rulebook, supplemented with extensive explanations and exercises.
- Homework exercises adapted from a wide range of arguments in a wide variety of sources.
- Practical advice to help students succeed.
- Model answers to odd-numbered problems, including commentaries on the strengths and weaknesses of selected sample answers and further discussion of some of the substantive intellectual, philosophical, or ethical issues they raise.
- Detailed instructions for in-class activities and take-home assignments.
- An appendix on mapping arguments, giving students a solid introduction to this vital skill in constructing complex and multi-step arguments and evaluating them.