Nursing Assisting: A Foundation in Caregiving, 5e
by Diana Dugan RN (Author)
ISBN-13: 978-1604251210 ISBN-10: 1604251212 Edition: 5th
The fifth edition of this comprehensive nursing assistant training textbook is organized by body system, which gives students a context for learning. Here is important information about the latest edition:
- Chapters are organized around body systems (structure and function, normal changes of aging, and common diseases and related care are grouped together).
- Chapter review sections contain multiple choice questions, along with short answer questions.
- The concept of person-centered care is reinforced throughout the book.
- Alzheimer's disease, infection prevention, mental health disorders, and nutrition material, including special diets, has been thoroughly updated.
- This edition contains new information about the following topics: electronic documentation, bariatrics, preoperative and postoperative care, opioids, and trauma-informed care.
- Updated information about hypertension guidelines was included, along with a new skill for how to obtain an electronic blood pressure reading.
- Many new photos have been added.
- There is a hardback version of this book.
1 The Nursing Assistant in Long-Term Care
2 Ethical and Legal Issues
3 Communication Skills
4 Communication Challenges
5 Diversity and Human Needs and Development
6 Infection Prevention and Control
7 Safety and Body Mechanics
8 Emergency Care, First Aid, and Disasters
9 Admission, Transfer, Discharge, and Physical Exams
10 Bedmaking and Unit Care
11 Positioning, Moving, and Lifting
12 Personal Care
13 Vital Signs
14 Nutrition and Fluid Balance
15 The Gastrointestinal System
16 The Urinary System
17 The Reproductive System
18 The Integumentary System
19 The Circulatory or Cardiovascular System
20 The Respiratory System
21 The Musculoskeletal System
22 The Nervous System
23 The Endocrine System
24 The Lymphatic System and Immunity
25 Restorative Care and Rehabilitation
26 Subacute Care
27 Death and Dying
28 Your New Position
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book