Small Wonders: Nature Education for Young Children
Small Wonders: Nature Education for Young Children introduces children ages three through kindergarten to the natural world in a special way. Based on a hands-on educational approach, children learn about their environment by seeing and doing. The accurate, scientific content is wrapped in age-appropriate exercises, experiments, and explorations that use children's imagination and natural curiosity.
* Fact-filled essays introduce each subject
* Field-tested activities encourage exploration and discovery
* Scientifically accurate drawings illustrate topics and are incorporated into lessons
* A multidisciplinary approach integrates developmentally appropriate activities in science, language arts, movement, music, and visual arts
* Includes twenty-four nature exploration units grouped around three themes: growth and change, animal homes, and connections to nature
Small Wonders is a perfect tool for teachers, parents, child care providers, camp counselors, and others to spark young children's interests in the environment that surrounds them.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book