The Greek of the Septuagint: A Supplemental Lexicon (English and Greek Edition)
"An Essential Addition to any Greek New Testament Lexicon"
For New Testament students and scholars who want to fully exegete the Septuagint, this lexicon will be a welcome addition to their libraries. Used in conjunction with the New Testament (NT) lexicon they already possess, "The Greek of the Septuagint: A Supplemental Lexicon" will bridge the gap with additional information that's needed to translate the Septuagint.
While those who have learned the Greek of the New Testament possess the grammatical skills necessary to read Septuagint Greek, the vocabulary found in the Septuagint differs sufficiently from both that found in the NT and that found in Classical Greek, so that a specialized lexicon is not just of great help, but essential.
- Provides definitions and vital lexical information for over 5,000 Septuagint words not found in the NT
- Offers supplemental information on over 1,000 additional words that have unique Septuagint meanings not covered in NT lexicons
- Contains detailed discussions of special, contextual word meanings, Hebrew word equivalents, and Septuagint mistranslations of the Hebrew original
- Includes a number of Septuagint variant words not found in standard classical and Septuagint lexicons
- Includes helpful appendices that list classical parallels to Septuagint words, unique Septuagint words, words first used in the Septuagint, and mistranslated words
- A detailed cross reference index charts the places where Septuagint biblical references (chapter and verse numbering) differ from that found in the Hebrew and English Bibles
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book