Power Speak: Engage, Inspire, and Stimulate Your Audience
What is the secret to being a captivating and credible speaker? Never be boring! If you are boring, people will not listen. The central message and focus of PowerSpeak is the importance of engaging, stimulating, and maintaining an audience's attention.
This book focuses on the elements of speaking effectively from a design and a delivery perspective. Dorothy Leeds isolates these essential elements to assure that any speaker can gain and keep the audience's attention. She focuses on the trouble spots of any presentation and the six major faults speakers make.
This book also includes tips on the following:
- Breaking the fear barrier.
- Ten steps that guarantee a complete presentation.
- How to avoid weak, passive language and make humor your ally.
- Voice and speech exercises.
- How to handle the Q & A portion of a presentation.
- How to develop your own style and project positive body language.
- How to incorporate (or not incorporate) new technology into presentations.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book