Leadership for Lawyers (Aspen Select Series)
Leadership for Lawyers is the first coursebook targeted for leadership courses in law schools. Now in its third edition, this text combines excerpts from leading books and articles, accessible background material, real-world problems and case histories, class exercises, and references to news and entertainment media in areas of core leadership competencies. Author Deborah L. Rhode has edited four well-respected books on leadership, developed one of the first law school courses on leadership, and written widely on the subject in law reviews and mainstream media publications.
New to the Third Edition:
- Increased coverage of diversity and inclusion
- New discussion of stress, wellness, and time management
- Coverage of recent ethical scandals and dilemmas
- Updated problems, exercises, and media clips
Professors and students will benefit from:
- Excerpts from foundational texts, engaging overviews of core concepts, discussion questions, class problems, and exercises that address real-world issues.
- Links to short segments from movies, documentaries, and news broadcasts for each major topic.
- Materials on moral leadership and scandals that make for highly engaging discussion on "how the good go bad."
- Coverage including key theoretical and empirical issues concerning the nature and qualities of leadership, the role of ethics, gender, racial, ethnic, and other forms of diversity, pro bono and public interest work, and core competencies such as decision making, influence, communication, conflict resolution, innovation, crisis management, stress and time management, and social and organizational change.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book