Rights and Reproductions: The Handbook for Cultural Institutions (American Alliance of Museums)
Management and dissemination of the Intellectual Property (IP) assets maintained by cultural institutions is a key responsibility of caring for collections. Rights and reproductions methodologies are seemingly ever-changing with new technologies, additional distribution avenues, evolving case law, applicable court decisions, and new legislation.
This new edition of Rights & Reproductions: The Handbook for Cultural Institutions marks the first time this valuable publication is available in print as well as digital. Building upon the guidelines, standards, and best practices outlined in the first edition, the Handbook further investigates current trends in rights and reproductions practices, notably expanding the discussion of fair use guidelines and codes, Creative Commons and RightsStatements.org, open access, social media applications, and the overall process of conducting rights clearances and obtaining permissions for the growing list of possible uses of a cultural institution’s IP.
Highlights of the second edition include:
- A new chapter devoted to fair use and open access
- Overall updates to applicable case law, rights clearance practices, and distribution partners
- Over 20 case studies outlining real-world examples from the authors’ experiences and practices at their institutions
- Expanded glossary defining terms so they are easy to understand
- Updated appendices with new references, resources, and court decisions
- Over 50 contract and document templates provided by the authors’ institutions
The Handbook is the must-have, comprehensive resource for cultural institution professionals handling rights-related work, including registrars, rights and reproductions managers, archivists, librarians, and lawyers.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book