Porth's Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States
The 10th edition of Porth’s Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States continues a legacy of excellence by providing comprehensive, nursing-focused coverage designed to help grasp both the physical and psychological aspects of altered health. The book’s unique emphasis on “concepts" of altered health states, as opposed to factual descriptions of diseases and disorders, helps students grasp both the physical and psychological aspects of altered health.
Porth’s Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States
Tommie L. Norris, DNS, RN
Meet today’s clinical challenges with the trusted authority in pathophysiology
Make the most of your pathophysiology course and master the knowledge to ensure clinical success. Trusted for more than 30 years and updated to reflect today’s nursing challenges, this engaging text makes complex concepts accessible and helps you easily and confidently grasp normal body function, the effects of disease on body systems, and the body’s ability to compensate and adapt. This edition also considers the many technological advances that allow healthcare providers to diagnose earlier and with more accuracy.
Highlights of the Tenth Edition
- Approachable presentation builds understanding from basic to advanced concepts and defines key terms as you progress.
- “Chunked” content keeps you focused on the most critical information and helps you review salient points efficiently.
- Unit-Opening Case Studies , which are revisited in one or more chapters in the unit, bring pathophysiology to life and equip you for success in clinical practice.
- Approximately 1,000 vibrant illustrations clarify the clinical manifestations of diseases and disease processes.
- Understanding boxes break physiologic processes and phenomena into their sequential parts, providing insight into the many opportunities for disease to disrupt the processes.
- Key Points boxes and In Summary sections reduce the need for memorization and help you incorporate important points into broader conceptual units.
- New! Pediatric Considerations and Geriatric Considerations boxes in each chapter specify how the chapter content applies to these two special populations.
- New! Concept Mastery Alerts explain topics that students can find confusing.
- Review Exercises at the end of each chapter test your retention and identify areas for further study.
- References provide fast, efficient access to normal laboratory values in both conventional and SI units, as well as a comprehensive glossary.
- Narrated animations referenced by icons in the text and available online enhance your understanding of the most challenging and clinically relevant concepts.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book