D. Gordon Smith
wrote Business Organizations: Cases, Problems, and Case Studies (Aspen Casebook)
comprising 864 pages back in 2018.
Textbook and eTextbook are published under ISBN 1454868368 and 9781454868361.
Since then Business Organizations: Cases, Problems, and Case Studies (Aspen Casebook) textbook
received total rating of 4 stars and was available to sell back to BooksRun online for the top buyback price
of $ 87.67 or rent at the marketplace.
Reflecting ongoing changes in the structure and regulation of modern business practice, Business Organizations: Cases, Problems, and Case Studies, Fourth Edition offers a unique combination of doctrine, problems, and case studies. Recent, high-interest cases are balanced against classic teaching chestnuts. Brief, innovative problems are used in combination with longer case studies. Recent Delaware Supreme Court decisions, updated case studies, and a strong website support a clear and sustained examination of the role and purview of the law in business transactions.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- Recent Delaware Supreme Court and Chancery Court cases, including eBay v. Newmark; DFC Global v. Muirfield Value Partners; In re: Trulia; Kahn v. M&F Worldwide (MFW); Corwin v. KKR; and new parent/subsidiary vicarious liability cases
- New textual coverage of developing trends such as shareholder activism, exploding deal litigation and judicial efforts to reign it in, hedge fund appraisal arbitrage, and Public Benefit Companies
- Revised Uniform Partnership Act materials, as updated through 2013
- Updated case studies and problems that consistently reinforce topical coverage
Professors and students will benefit from:
- A discriminating selection of fresh cases and classic chestnuts
- In-depth coverage of how the law applies to modern business structures, (such as joint ventures, venture capital arrangements, franchises, and new limited liability business forms) as well as growth industries (such as computers, biotechnology, and telecommunications)
- Short problems after selected topics that give students practice applying the legal principles covered in that section
- Case studies styled on the B-school model that provide opportunities for in-depth analysis of the law in business transactions
- Hybrid entities treated in detail, including a separate chapter on limited liability companies
Teaching materials include:
- Teacher’s Manual
- PowerPoint slides and multiple-choice exam questions
- Prof. Smith’s recorded lectures about many key topics