Motor Fleet Safety and Security Management
In the almost ten years since the publication of the first edition of Motor Fleet Safety and Security Management, the availability of new methods of transportation has made travel faster, and consequently, safety and security have become more important and more complex. Businesses must now become proactive in their own security and planning for emergencies. This second edition of a bestselling resource provides a complete understanding of how to develop and manage a comprehensive motor fleet safety and instructional program. It presents the underlying concepts, basic techniques, and principles of motor fleet safety and security management.
New, Revised, and Expanded Topics in the Second Edition:
- Elements of a fleet safety program
- Accident prevention
- Consideration for small-fleet driver selection, training, instruction, and supervision
- Vehicle inspection
- How to organize accident data
- Job safety analysis (JSA) meetings for commercial drivers
- Fleet transportation publicity
- School bus safety
- Shipping and storage of hazardous materials
- Security in transportation
- Model of a motor fleet transportation program designed to assist in the implementation of a program
To achieve optimum safety, everyone involved in the transportation system should be adequately trained, supervised, and monitored. Proper data and incident reports must be maintained to identify trends and problem areas. Keeping the trademark style that made the previous edition so popular, the author addresses the critical steps for successful driver selection, training, instruction, and supervision. He provides you with the foundation you need to combat common problems and manage your motor fleet transportation system.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book