Business Aspects of Optometry: Association of Practice Management Educators
Count on this complete guide to setting up and managing an optometric practice! Business Aspects of Optometry covers everything related to the business side of a practice ― such as selecting a location and staff, equipping the office, office administration and personnel management, marketing, options for a specialty practice, controlling costs, billing and reimbursement, risk management, and financial planning. To succeed in practice, this is the one resource you need!
- Unique! Expert authors are practice management educators who teach the course in optometry schools.
- A logical organization makes it easy to find practical information on managing your own practice or purchasing your own practice.
- Coverage of different types of ownership includes self-employment, individual proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations.
- Coverage of cost control issues compares the selection and use of an optical laboratory versus an in-house finishing lab.
- Risk management and insurance coverage provides an overview of personal, life, liability, and disability insurance.
- Coverage of financial planning and tax reporting discusses topics including IRAs, retirement plans, estate planning, and personal and business tax issues.
- Bulleted lists, tables, figures, and boxes help you locate valuable information quickly.
- Checklists provide a logical progression in completing tasks.
NEW chapters expand the book’s scope of coverage, and include these topics:
- Personal and professional goal setting
- Resumes and interviews
- Debt management
- Principles of practice transfer
- Quality assurance
- Specialty practice
- Vision rehabilitation
- Coding and billing
- Financial decision making
- Exit strategies
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book