Real, Vol. 1
• From the creator of Slam Dunk and Vagabond, also available from VIZ Media.
• 8 million copies of Real have sold in Japan.
• Vagabond has sold over 22 million copies worldwide!
• Inoue received the 2000 Media Arts award for manga from the Japanese Ministry of Culture and the Kodansha award for best manga for his work on Vagabond.
• Nominated for 2003 Eisner Award in the category for Best Writer/Artist!
• Inoue’s previous series Slam Dunk has over 100 million copies in print worldwide.
• Everything Takehiko Inoue has published has hit the top ten sales list in Japan.
A motorcycle accident, bone cancer, a speeding truck crashing into a boy on a stolen bicycle--tragic, life-changing events turn the worlds of three young men upside down. Three very different personalities have only one thing in common--their passion for basketball.
Meet Tomomi Nomiya, a young tough whose passion for basketball is at the core of his very being. When he gets into a motorcycle accident rendering a girl paralyzed for life, his world is turned on its head. Tomomi quits his team, drops out of school, and struggles to find some kind of resolution to his oppressive feelings of guilt.
From the creator of Slam Dunk and Vagabond, also available from VIZ Media.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book