The School Board Member's Guidebook: Becoming a Difference Maker for Your District (Eye on Education)
Every student deserves a high-impact, well-qualified, and governance-driven school board. In this helpful book, best-selling authors Ryan Donlan and Todd Whitaker show you as a school board member how to make smart, worthwhile decisions that will lead to positive change in your district. The School Board Member’s Guidebook addresses the challenges of making realistic choices that will truly benefit the school and have a lasting impact. Topics include:
- How to work and communicate effectively with the superintendent during the year;
- How to find common ground with colleagues;
- How to represent the interests and needs of the community at large;
- How to keep your constituencies focused and informed through strategic planning and structured committee participation;
- How to host constructive and cordial school board meetings;
- How to capitalize on individual talents and strengths;
- And more!
Each chapter offers strategies, tips, and sample scenarios. With these resources and the practical advice throughout the book, you’ll be able to make a lasting difference in the lives of every student in your district. You’ll be a Difference Maker.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book