Aircraft Propulsion, Second Edition follows the successful first edition textbook with comprehensive treatment of the subjects in airbreathing propulsion, from the basic principles to more advanced treatments in engine components and system integration.
This new edition has been extensively updated to include a number of new and important topics. A chapter is now included on General Aviation and Uninhabited Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Propulsion Systems that includes a discussion on electric and hybrid propulsion. Propeller theory is added to the presentation of turboprop engines. A new section in cycle analysis treats Ultra-High Bypass (UHB) and Geared Turbofan engines. New material on drop-in biofuels and design for sustainability is added to refl ect the FAA’s 2025 Vision.
In addition, the design guidelines in aircraft engine components are expanded to make the book user friendly for engine designers. Extensive review material and derivations are included to help the reader navigate through the subject with ease.
- General Aviation and UAV Propulsion Systems are presented in a new chapter
- Discusses Ultra-High Bypass and Geared Turbofan engines
- Presents alternative drop-in jet fuels
- Expands on engine components' design guidelines
- The end-of-chapter problem sets have been increased by nearly 50% and solutions are available on a companion website
- Presents a new section on engine performance testing and instrumentation
- Includes a new 10-Minute Quiz appendix (with 45 quizzes) that can be used as a continuous assessment and improvement tool in teaching/learning propulsion principles and concepts
- Includes a new appendix on Rules of Thumb and Trends in aircraft propulsion
Aircraft Propulsion, Second Edition is a must-have textbook for graduate and undergraduate students, and is also an excellent source of information for researchers and practitioners in the aerospace and power industry.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book