Fired Up, Frantic, and Freaked Out: Training the Crazy Dog from Over the Top to Under Control
"I’m loving it! Laura has managed not only to write a clear and incredibly important book, she’s really funny too! Her way of writing, the images in her language, and the diagrams make this book really stand out; there’s no way to misunderstand the concepts she’s presenting."
-- Emelie Johnson Vegh, co-author of Agility Right from the Start
Some dogs are afraid, or excited, or reactive. Dogs that “don’t listen” and “go crazy” don’t live the lives we –- or they –- want.
Fired Up, Frantic, and Freaked Out can change that. Simple steps and an accessible, conversational tone from award-winning, internationally-known trainer Laura VanArendonk Baugh CPDT-KA KPACTP make calming the agitated dog not only possible, but pleasant.
Inside you’ll learn how to
- Achieve change in short, simple training sessions of a minute or less
- Maximize the effects of natural brain chemistry
- Know when to call in medical help
- “Clean up” unreliable behaviors in both overexcited sport dogs and pets at home
- Recognize how fear, aggression, and excitement are variants of the same root problem
The conversational tone is both informative and fun — very accessible, and it feels like the reader has a consulting trainer standing at her shoulder! Bring your dog from emotional to thoughtful, and enjoy a calmer, more enriched life with your best friend.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book