Early Childhood Special Education - 0 to 8 Years: Strategies for Positive Outcomes
Featuring the application of evidence-based strategies, ecological and family-based approaches, effective learning, and the use of responsive cultural/linguistic practices, Early Childhood Education (0-8 Years): Strategies for Positive Outcomes, prepares students for all the professional knowledge and skill competencies they need to promote optimal development in infant and toddlers (0-3), preschoolers (3-5), and primary-aged (6-8) children with special needs. Using real-life case studies to illustrate recommended practices, the book clearly presents disability characteristics, assessment practices, and easy-to-implement interventions for inclusive and special education settings, while giving students all the resources they need to master and apply the material.
Highlights of This First Edition:
- Prepares students with ALL the professional knowledge and skill competencies necessary to promote optimal development in children with special needs from birth through 8 years old.
- Highlights intervention techniques from special education, speech-language pathology, occupational/physical therapy, and the fields of vision and hearing impairments.
- Uses a real-life case study in each chapter to illustrate recommended practices and strategies.
- Examines the legal, philosophical, and instructional tenets of the field of Early Childhood Special Education in detail, including IDEA 2004.
- Features how to use evidence-based practices and strategies that maximize communicative, cognitive/literacy, fine and gross motor, adaptive, and social-emotional development in infants and toddlers, preschoolers, and primary-aged children.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book