Production Systems Engineering: Cost and Performance Optimization
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Optimize Economic and Technological Requirements in Production System Designs
This pioneering work offers proven techniques, partially created and developed at The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory, for determining optimal resource allocation and cost-effective production system designs for today’s any-volume manufacturing environments. Production Systems Engineering presents a unique methodology that synthesizes applicable technology with economic requirements for an integrated solution. Featuring real-world case studies, this authoritative resource establishes a new paradigm for the manufacturing world that can also be applied to other enterprise environments.
- Determining an improved manufacturing system design method
- System design basics, time allocation, resources, costs, and quality rating
- Stochastic analyses added to deterministic results
- System configuration options
- Multiple disparate products produced by one system
- World class versus mostly manual systems
- Determining allowable investment
- Simultaneous improvement in yield and cycle-time
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book