Since the break out of the coronavirus pandemic, preventive measures have been taken everywhere—in every home, company, and state. BooksRun also adopts new policies aimed at restraining the spread of Covid-19. We want to ensure the safety of our customers and team members and, at the same time, to continue offering our textbook services to students.
It is yet not entirely clear what kind of materials and surfaces can preserve the virus and for how long. WHO reports that the risk of getting infected through touching a shipped item is minimal, especially after the item had been exposed to different temperature conditions on its way to your doorstep. However, the coronavirus can live on surfaces for hours or even up to a few days. Some preliminary research and previous studies of similar viruses show that metal, plastic, and glass surfaces can contain the infected droplets for a few days and cardboard—for 24 hours.
The likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, traveled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low.Source: the World Health Organization
We have always taken sanitation as our priority. Facing the pandemic, Booksrun enhanced the disinfecting measures when processing, storing, and shipping items and made the working environment safe for our team members.
What is Done by Booksrun:
- We implement intensive sanitation measures when processing and storing items.
- All incoming books are on hold for four days before being processed by the team members.
- We maintain regular disinfection of workstations and ventilation systems.
- Team members working on-site are required to use bandages and gloves and to apply antiseptic disinfectants.
- Everybody is urged to wash their hands every hour.
- Team members are encouraged to work from home if possible.
- We have rearranged the schedule and teamwork tasks to ensure social distancing.
What You Can Do at Home:
- Disinfect the book cover and then clean your hands, to be on the safe side.
- Daily disinfection of your working surfaces, laptop, and gadgets is also advised.
- Avoid touching your face (wear colorful hand bands that will remind you not to do it).
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds. To make sure you wash your hands for long enough, put your hand-washing and sanitizing routine over your favorite song and create a poster with Washyourlyrics.
There is no need to stop using your favorite textbook service, especially when now we have minimal access to hard copies due to the libraries and campuses being closed. Keep on buying textbooks or selling them for a valuable buyback! We follow the situation and sanitation measures updates to implement all the necessary steps to minimize the risk of spreading the infection through textbooks. If you have any questions about your returns and rentals affected by the Covid-19 state policies, our customer service team is there to help you!
Stay home and stay safe!