All Marketplace Sellers must agree to the existing Agreement in order to sell on BooksRun.com. By accepting this agreement upon registration as a Seller, you accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement and willingly choose to become a member of this Site. BooksRun reserves the right to modify this Agreement and said revisions will be effective immediately. All Marketplace Sellers will be notified about revisions to the Agreement and continued use will constitute acceptance of the revised Agreement by the Seller.
Becoming a Marketplace Seller
- To deter fraud, all Sellers are required to become registered members of the Site. To register, you must provide your legal name, address, phone number and active email address as well as your financial information. Your personal registration information is confidential and will not be transmitted to any third parties in accordance with BooksRun policy. By accepting this Agreement, you authorize the Marketplace and its agents to make necessary inquiries to establish the validity of your user information. This may take the form of a credit check, credit card authorization and/or some form of address verification.
- Outside BooksRun.com, it is your responsibility to keep your username and password secure in order to protect yourself. You are solely responsible for any actions taken under your username and password.
- After completing the user registration process you need to request approval for becoming a Seller. When you get approved as a Seller on the Marketplace, you will get instant access to all seller tools. Within the account the Seller has the ability to edit account information, view and confirm orders, upload and manage inventory, view payment details and monitor their performance. The Seller should navigate to the Inventory tab of the account to get started with listing their items. When listing the item(s), the Seller assigns a price and describes the quality of each item. As a Seller, you agree to sell your listed items at the prices you set and to provide complete and accurate descriptions of the condition of the items listed for sale including edition.
Responsibilities of the Marketplace Seller
- Accurate listing
The Seller agrees to accurately list all book information and descriptions including, but not limited to, the proper categorization of international editions, instructor editions, sample editions and annotated instructor's editions using book traits. The Seller will make note of any differences regarding content (including exercises and problems) when listing international, instructor's, or annotated editions. The Seller also will not misrepresent different editions, publication years, or other information with the intent of misleading buyers to a version other than what they are searching for. Proper usage of book traits is critical.
- Order shipment
Orders will be confirmed no later than 3 business days (excluding holidays) from the time they are placed. Orders that are not confirmed within this timeframe are subject to cancellation at BooksRun discretion. It is the Marketplace Seller's responsibility to log in to their account and verify that each order has been confirmed within 3 business days regardless of the method you use for confirming orders, or the order will be canceled. Repeated neglect regarding order confirmation could result in account suspension until the problem is resolved. In extreme cases, account termination could result. For all purchase orders, the seller must provide the exact shipping method chosen by the customer directly in the order placed, which means that in case of Standard Mail the delivery of the order must be no more than 8 business days while Expedited Mail must take up to no more than 5 business days. Otherwise, the Seller is to compensate the customer for the late shipment or late delivery at his own expenses.
- Commissions, compensations and payments
Shipping via Standard Mail is compensated with $3.99 per item; shipping via Expedited Mail is compensated with $6.99 per item. The shipping compensation as well as the total products price are both subject to 15% commission. The Seller’s payment is issued once per 2 weeks via the payment method chosen: either via check or via PayPal. Check delivery takes from 3 to 20 business days, PayPal is instant. The Seller is obliged to reimburse his customer for any damage of the item, order loss, late shipment or late delivery or any other issues occurred with the order.
Seller are able to define their own returns policy in their settings but the policy must allow returns within at least 14 days of delivery. Any buyer who returns a book due to an error on the Marketplace Seller's part (i.e., wrong book shipped, faulty packaging resulting in damage or loss, item not as described, item shipped past deadline, etc.) shall not be charged shipping, handling, or restocking fees and will be issued a full refund. However, modest restocking fees no greater than 15% of item cost may be charged when the reason for return is no fault of the Marketplace Seller (i.e., buyer changed his or her mind, buyer ordered incorrect book, class cancellation, etc.) Marketplace Sellers may not assess additional shipping charges for the original shipment of the order. Marketplace Sellers may not impose additional shipping fees for the original shipping charge if an order is returned. Buyers must request permission to return a book within 30 calendar days from its receipt and the Marketplace Seller must respond within 2 business days of the request. The return rate is calculated by dividing the number of returns by the total number of orders placed. Excessively high return rates could negatively impact a Marketplace Seller's account status which may lead to the account suspension.
- Communication requirements
All Sellers are required to list a valid customer service email and a valid phone number. All communication with buyers is expected to be professional and courteous. Any disrespectful remarks to customers and/or BooksRun staff will be taken seriously and may result in a refund/cancellation of an order, account suspension, or other action.
Your Warranties to the Marketplace
- For all items you list as a Seller, you guarantee that your item descriptions and quality ratings accurately represent the condition of items offered for sale.
- You guarantee that the information you provide us and other members is accurate, legal, contains nothing that can be interpreted as pornography, does not violate copyright law, and contains no viruses and/or other destructive electronic devices. Items must be listed by the ISBN printed on the product by the publisher. An item may not be listed if it is described in a "materially different" way from its ISBN product information, except as it applies to the quality of the item. An item is considered “materially different” if the ISBN is in any way different from the ISBN product information listed on BooksRun.com. Some types of material differences include but are not limited to: international editions; softcover books listed under hardcover ISBNs/editions; pdf files; scanned textbooks; instructor/teacher editions; instructor solutions manuals; test banks; solutions manuals with no ISBN; older editions listed under newer ISBNs, book club editions; uncorrected proofs; advanced reading copies of books; and out of print books with no ISBN.
- You agree to indemnify the Marketplace and all its associates guiltless against all cost and expenses incurred by the Site and its associates that arise from any claim by third parties related to your actions or omissions.
- The Marketplace provides its services on an "as is" basis and makes no warranties of any kind.
- The Marketplace claims no responsibility for any damages which may result from the purchase, sale, distribution or use of items sold through the Marketplace.
- You agree that the Marketplace is not responsible in any way for the accuracy or suitability of any payment of taxes to any entity on your behalf. You shall indemnify and hold the Marketplace and its associates guiltless against all liabilities that may arise out of any third party or governmental claim that concerns (a) any federal, state or county tax obligation, (b) any dispute concerning the tax status of a Marketplace member as a reseller of books or other items.
- BooksRun reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site or any part of the Site with or without notice.
Results of Violations to the Agreement
- Investigations. In the event of complaints or violations, we may conduct an extensive investigation. You agree to cooperate fully and without reservations with such investigations.
- Violations, Termination and Suspension. We may suspend or end your access to this Site, and remove your listed items if you (a) violate this Agreement; (b) do not cooperate with an investigation of a reported violation; (c) we are unable to verify your personal and/or financial information; or (d) we believe you are involved in illegal activity. Payments due to you may be suspended while an investigation takes place. We are not obligated to pay you for any sale if we have good reason to believe the items sold were in violation of this Agreement.
- Disclosure of Information. Unlawful conduct may be reported to law enforcement officials in accordance with the BooksRun Policy, and, as previously stated, we will cooperate fully in order to insure prosecution of offenders.
- Making Adjustments. You authorize us to withhold payment for any money owed to BooksRun.com if one of the following situations is true: (a) a sale is canceled for any reason; (b) a cancellation or refund is issued according to our Marketplace Buyer Protection Policy; (c) we have reason to believe you committed an illegal act during the buying or selling process; or (d) you owe us a specific amount for any sale made through your Seller account.
- Pornography. All items of an adult-themed nature are prohibited
- Illegal or stolen items. This includes items obtained unlawfully as well as books that violate U.S. copyright laws
- Electronic versions of textbooks, solution manuals, PDF files, or other study aids (including, but not limited to, electronic versions listed under the paper version's ISBN)
- Any item without an ISBN
- Advanced reading copies or uncorrected proofs
- Counterfeit, pirated, scanned, or knockoff versions of textbooks and other books
- Defective and/or misprinted books
- Books that are missing pages, have torn/missing covers, or are otherwise damaged
- Books that are water/liquid damaged
Other violations of Marketplace Seller terms and conditions include:
- Listing inaccurate or incorrect book information using book traits or item descriptions (including ISBNs) resulting in the misrepresentation of inventory
- Failure to deliver an item for which payment was accepted
- Non-shipment of book orders within two days of processing
- Failure to respond to all customer inquiries pre- and post-order
- Non-response to BooksRun Customer Service staff inquiries
- Unclear pricing; descriptions include instructions to contact Marketplace Seller for pricing details or to negotiate a price (even though the book does have a valid price attached to it)
- Canceling an order on BooksRun and redirecting a customer to pay you via external means
- The redirection of orders in any manner, including but not limited to having a customer reship an order to another customer
- Stating that returns are permitted, and then telling customers they must wait until another buyer is found
- Not offering a refund for incorrectly described books
- Not offering a refund for orders that were shipped past the posted guidelines
- Listing stolen items
- Threatening or abusive language or attempts to intimidate BooksRun's staff, fellow Marketplace Sellers, or buyers
- Inclusion of personal or political commentary that may be considered defamatory in book descriptions
- Attempting to bribe a customer with benefits in exchange for positive feedback or other similar actions
November 22nd, 2019