Techniques in Archaeological Geology (Natural Science in Archaeology)
This 2nd edition is a survey level review of key areas of archaeological geology/geoarchaeology. Principal subject areas include:
- historical principles;
- archaeologic and geomorphic surfaces and landforms types;
- sediments and sediment analytic methods;
- archaeological stoney materials - petrographic and mineralogic attributes;
- ceramic materials - mineralogic composition and analytic methods;
- geochemical methods useful in archaeological geology - studies of materials;
- commonly used geochronological methods for archaeological geology.
Contributions to paleoecology, paleoclimate and ancient cultures as well as multivariate ICP and EDX data are now included.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book