The eLearning Designer's Handbook: A Practical Guide to the eLearning Development Process for New eLearning Designers
When you’re tasked with creating your very first eLearning course, it can be hard (and even a little scary) trying to figure out where to begin. You likely have a million questions running through your head. How do you plan your project and set it up for success? How do you collect learning content from your subject matter experts? Why do you need an eLearning storyboard and how do you write one? How do you develop a prototype of your eLearning course? And, what the heck is a prototype anyway? When should you let your SMEs review your course? And what’s a “SME” again? And what do you do when they don’t give you feedback?
Trying to get answers to all of these questions can quickly leave you saying to yourself, “I don’t think I’m cut out for this eLearning thing!” But, here’s some good news: you’re not alone! The truth is, most eLearning designers entered fell, stumbled, and dropped into the world of eLearning entirely by accident.
This is where The eLearning Designer’s Handbook can help! In this book, Tim Slade will show you that the eLearning development process doesn’t have to be as complicated as it might seem. If you’re new to eLearning, Tim will walk you through the complete eLearning design and development process, providing you practical tips and advice, based on his own experience working as an eLearning designer for over a decade.
With The eLearning Designer’s Handbook, you’ll discover how to...
- Plan your eLearning project by conducting a kickoff meeting with your stakeholders.
- Draft an eLearning project plan and development timeline.
- Collect and organize your learning content into an eLearning storyboard.
- Create a prototype and develop your course with an eLearning authoring tool.
- Review your eLearning course with your stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Implement your eLearning course.
- Conduct an eLearning project retrospective.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book