Radiant Quilts: Stunning Quilts from Simple Shapes: A Scrap Quilt Book (Landauer Publishing) 9 Step-by-Step Projects, Full-Size Templates, Tips, Tools, & Techniques with How-To Photos
Radiant Quilts offers a complete guide to making gorgeous scrap quilts using just one, two, or three simple repeated shapes.
- 9 projects that are both basic and boldly sophisticated
- Easy-to-follow instructions & diagrams for making each project
- Make stunning scrap quilts using simple repeated shapes
- Design emphasis on color and value working together to create the illusion of depth and light
- Comprehensive information about tools and techniques
- Clear how-to directions on 3 cutting techniques using scissors and templates, rotary cutters and rulers, and die cutters
- Guidance on both hand- and machine-piecing
- Fearless stitching of Y-seams and curved pieces—thanks to Elsie's guidance
Renowned author and quilt designer Elsie M. Campbell uses triangles, clamshells, half-hexagons, strips, and diamonds to make 9 start-to-finish, stash-busting projects from stunning table runners to a gorgeous king-sized quilt.
With simplicity as the basis for each piece or block, Elsie shows how color, value, and contrast can work together to create the illusion of depth and light. She explains how to make fabric decisions that produce wonderfully luminescent quilts. Her book provides cutting instructions for three methods: cutting with scissors and templates; rotary cutters and rulers; and die cutters.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book