Essential Computer Hardware Second Edition: The Illustrated Guide to Understanding Computer Hardware (Computer Essentials)
Bits, bytes, RAM, CPUs, hard drives and DVD drives. Master the geeky acronyms and simplify computer hardware & terminology with ease.
Computer hardware with all its technical jargon can be baffling, even for the moderately experienced user. This book cuts through the jargon to show that computer hardware isn’t so complicated after all and can be easily understood by anyone.
- This book is great for beginners or a basic computing class.
- Step-by-step, visual approach to help you quickly decode the jargon
- Plenty of full color, illustrated screenshots and photographs to help you
- Presented in an easy and simple to read format.
This book looks at
- Understanding computer specifications often displayed in computer stores and online
- General hardware concepts and what’s inside the case
- Hardware components: CPUs, RAM, Hard Drives, Portable Drives, video cards and memory cards
- Inside the CPU and the fetch execute cycle
- Data Storage: bits, bytes, kilo bytes, mega bytes, giga bytes and tera bytes
- Binary arithmetic and character encoding
- Computer ports: VGA, HDMI, DVI, USB 2&3, FireWire, RJ45 ethernet, eSATA and more
- Different types of computer: desktops, laptops, netbooks, tablets, hybrids and supercomputers
- Computer peripherals: laser and inkjet printers Types of computer networks,
- The internet, email, the cloud and the world-wide web
- Network topologies, LANs, WANs, MANs, fibre optics and ethernet
- WiFi and Cellular internet connections
- IP Addressing, web servers, DNS servers and DHCP servers
- and more...
Techniques are illustrated step-by-step using photography and screen prints throughout, together with concise, easy to follow text from an established expert in the field, provide a comprehensive guide to computer systems.
If you want to decode the jargon quickly and easily, this is the guide you need.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book