Lonely Planet Best of India (Best of Country)
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Best of India is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Marvel at the intricate floral designs on the Taj Mahal, float along Kerala's backwaters as the sun sinks behind whispering palms, and dive into the teeming bazaars, mighty fortresses and fine dining of Jaipur - all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of India and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Best of India:
- Full-colour images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, food, wine, sport, landscapes, wildlife
- Covers Delhi, Agra, the Taj Mahal, Jaisalmer, Jaipur, Mumbai, Ajanta, Ellora, Goa, Kerala, Karnataka, Darjeeling, Varanasi, Himachal Pradesh and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Best of India is filled with inspiring and colourful photos, and focuses on India's most popular attractions for those wanting to experience the best of the best.
Looking for a more comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all the country? Check out Lonely Planet's India guide.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book