Magento 2 Development Essentials
- Create unique solutions for Magento 2 by developing and implementing solutions, themes, and extensions
- Be proficient in the main functionalities, resources, and system structure of Magento 2
- Get to grips with this practical and hands-on guide to raise your web development skills to the next level
Magento is the e-commerce software and platform trusted by the world's leading brands. Used by thousands of merchants for their transactions worth billions, it provides the flexibility to customize the content and functionality of your website. By strengthening your fundamentals in Magento development, you can develop the best solutions and take advantage of the growing market.
This fast-paced tutorial will provide you with skills you need to successfully create themes, extensions, and solutions to Magento 2 projects.
This book begins by setting up Magento 2 before gradually moving onto setting the basic options of the Sell System. You will take advantage of Search Engine Optimization aspects, create design and customize theme layout, develop new extensions, and adjust the Magento System to achieve great performance. By sequentially working through the steps in each chapter, you will quickly explore all the features of Magento 2 to create a great solution.
With ample examples and a practical approach, this book will ensure your success with this astonishing e-commerce management system.What you will learn
- Install and set up the Magento Ecosystem
- Choose the best options for Magento's Sell System features
- Work with Search Engine Optimization in Magento
- Create and customize themes for Magento
- Develop extensions for new Magento functionalities
- Package extensions to publish in the Magento Connect network
- Create Magento solutions for mobile devices
- Carry out performance adjustments to speed up your Magento system
Fernando J. Miguel is a certified professional scrum master at the Scrum Alliance, with experience in analysis and web application development since 2003. He has been working in project development using design patterns, MVC, object-oriented programming, and Agile. He also has experience with content management systems (CMS), WordPress, Joomla, Magento 2, PHP, Java, Node.js, Android, SQL, NoSQL, and cloud computing.
Fernando has a bachelor's degree in information systems from Centro Universitario Modulo, Brazil. He specializes in project management / PMI-PMBOK from Universidade Cruzeiro do Sul, Brazil. He also specializes in health informatics from Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Brazil, and he is currently pursuing a master's degree in electronic engineering and computer informatics from Instituto de Tecnologia e Aeronautica (ITA), one of the best technology institutes in Brazil.Table of Contents
- Magento Fundamentals
- Magento 2.0 Features
- Working with Search Engine Optimization
- Magento 2.0 Theme Development – the Developers' Holy Grail
- Creating a Responsive Magento 2.0 Theme
- Write Magento 2.0 Extensions – a Great Place to Go
- Go Mobile with Magento 2.0!
- Speeding up Your Magento 2.0
- Improving Your Magento Skills
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book