Moodle E-Learning Course Development - Third Edition
A complete guide to create and develop engaging e-learning courses with MoodleAbout This Book
- Get to grips with the new features of Moodle 2.8
- Successfully configure site settings, set up the front page, create user accounts, and create courses.
- Follow an example course that will help you to explore the decisions, design considerations, and thought that goes into developing a successful course.
This book is for anyone who wants to get the best out of Moodle. Experienced Moodle users will find powerful insights into developing successful educational courses.What You Will Learn
- Understand what Moodle can do, how it compares to other e-learning packages, and how it can support your teaching strategies
- Build an interactive e-learning course
- Install the Moodle software on your own computer or a server, and navigate your way around it
- Gain experience in creating different kinds of courses, from team-building group exercises, to individual courses that a student can work on at home
- Manage students so that you can ensure that the right students are going to the right classes
- Understand, use, and customize roles
- Monitor how learners interact with your site using site statistics
- Add multimedia content to your site
Moodle is the leading open source e-learning management system. Using Moodle, teachers and professors can easily construct richly-textured web-based courses. A course can consist of a number of lessons, with each lesson including reading materials; activities such as quizzes, tests, surveys, and projects; and social elements that encourage interaction and group work between students.
Packed with clear step-by-step instructions, plenty of screenshots, and thorough explanations, this book guides you through the many features and options that you have to choose from when using Moodle 2.8. Throughout this book, you will follow an example course that will help you to explore the sort of decisions, design considerations, and thought processes that goes into developing a successful course.
This book will show you how to use every feature of Moodle to meet your course goals. Moodle is relatively easy to install and use, but the real challenge is to develop a learning process that leverages its power and maps effectively onto the content-established learning situation. This book guides you through meeting that challenge.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book