An Introduction to Writing for Health Professionals: The SMART Way: The SMART Way
Learn to become a better writer the SMART way. An Introduction to Writing for Health Professionals: The SMART Way, 4th Edition exploresquick-and-easy methods to help you improve your writing skills. Thoroughly updated to reflect APA style guidelines, the fourth edition illustrates various forms of common written communication, such as email, instant messaging, blogs, letters, memos, reports, resumés, briefs, articles, presentations, research papers, and more. You are introduced to the essential elements of writing using the SMART approach - Source, Message, Audience, Route, and Tone, as well as steps to use when crafting academic papers (PROCESS), and key takeaways for becoming a better writer (LAST). These acronyms provide quick-and-easy ways to help you get started and organize your writings. It also includes handy quick reference lists and free additional resources on the companion Evolve website.
- UNIQUE! SMART, PROCESS, and LAST acronyms help facilitate learning by making the material easier to remember.
- Clear and straightforward writing style provides a reader-friendly approach to writing for learners of all levels.
- Common Error sections and Exercises featured throughout to reinforce content.
- APA style examples throughout text include those most commonly used in the health professions.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of research, digital literacy, communication on social media, and electronic mediums reflects advances in online culture.
- NEW! Fully revised SMART Ways for Other Routes chapter includes principles of documentation and charting, electronic communication (including email, instant messaging, social networking, and blogs), curriculum vitae, and dissertations.
- NEW! Points to Remember section at the end of each chapter (formerly SUMMARY) highlights key information using bullet points.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book