Writing Strands: Intermediate 1
Developed to help students learn to communicate more skillfully through writing.
Students completing this course will learn to express their feelings in writing, organize their thoughts into cohesive sentences, develop outlines, organize specific writing prompts, and more.
Topics addressed in this one-year course include:
- Recognizing and listing the main parts of story structure
- Organizing information in paragraphs and writing topic sentences
- Turning an image into a verbal description
- Learning the appropriate use of tense
- Learning how the attitudes of narrative voices affect a reader’s reactions
- Controlling sentence length to help readers understand material.
A suggested daily schedule is provided, as well as worksheets that are three-hole punched and perforated, and the addition of a reading and literature component that helps students look more deeply into the Bible and other books they select.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book