The Sierra Club Guide to Sketching in Nature, Revised Edition
Featuring simple step-by-step instructions and hundreds of illustrations, this sketching and watercolor primer reveals how creating art can enhance any outdoor experience.
In this inspirational guide, Cathy Johnson, a nationally recognized artist, naturalist and teacher, offers personal anecdotes, exercises and useful tips that are perfect for every amateur artist. This book covers a wide range of subjects, including:
- Tools and equipment
- Mixing paints and washes
- Selecting a subject to sketch or paint
- Capturing the illusion of light
- Sketching clouds, flowers, trees, plants and animals
- Using field sketches as studies for future paintings
- Understanding color and using a color wheel
- A source list for art supplies
With more than 280 of Johnson’s own illustrations—both in color and black and white—this book will inspire you to appreciate every detail of the natural world.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book