Hiking Kentucky's Red River Gorge
Hike and Backpack in Nature’s Stunning Beauty
With the most rock arches east of the Mississippi, the Red River Gorge stands alone for scenery. Get the definitive guide to this famous region―including the Red River Gorge Geological Area, Natural Bridge State Resort Park, and Clifty Wilderness. This updated, full-color edition showcases 28 of the best hikes in the area, from the kid-friendly Original Trail to the challenging Rough Trail. With the expert guidance of Sean Patrick Hill, you’ll discover the Gorge’s hidden treasures: lush forests, secluded waterfalls, brilliant wildflowers, natural arches, and more.
The book includes
- 28 routes that lead readers along carefully maintained trails
- GPS-based trail maps and elevation profiles
- Detailed directions to trailheads
- Ratings for key elements to help readers decide which hikes to choose
- Route details and full-color photography
- Recommendations for combining routes into longer adventures
Whether you’re hitting the Gorge for a short hike or a full weekend, Hiking Kentucky’s Red River Gorge is your guide to experiencing the famed natural wonder on foot.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book