The Miracles Of Jesus 6-Session DVD Bible Study - Deeper Connections Series (Deeper Connections DVD)
From the turning of water to wine and the feeding of the five thousand to the healing of the ten lepers, explore the depth and riches of the miracles of Jesus in this 6-session DVD Bible study! Dive into the cultural contexts of each miracle, learn what it means to us today, and understand how they reveal the Kingdom of God in Jesus. Perfect for personal or small group use.Find Out Fascinating Facts About the Miracles of Jesus
Find out fascinating facts as you get a solid overview of the miracles of Jesus. Enjoy learning important background information, cultural context, key Scripture, and incredible insight that will help you establish a strong understanding of the wonders and nature of God.
- Jesus used his miracles not only to demonstrate God's power, but the Kingdom of Heaven on earth as well as God's character.
- One third of the Gospel of Mark is dedicated solely to the miracles of Jesus.
- The illustration of a banquet in Jewish culture is symbolic for the coming Kingdom of God (wedding banquet at Cana).
- The cursing of the fig tree was the only time Jesus used his power to destroy something this miracle is part of the teaching of Jesus' turning of the tables in the Temple.
- and much more!
- Dr. Matt Williams Associate professor of New Testament at Talbot School of Theology (Biola University)
- Dr. Ben Witherington Professor of New Testament (Asbury Theological Seminary)
- Dr. David Garland Professor of Christian Scriptures at Truett Theological Seminary (Baylor University)
- Dr. Gary Burge Professor of New Testament (Wheaton College)
- Dr. Mark Strauss Professor of New Testament (Bethel Seminary)
- Dr. Michael Wilkins Professor of New Testament Language and Literature, Dean of Faculty at Talbot School of Theology (Biola University)
Session 1: The Clean Daughter
Dive into the story of the healing of the woman with the issue of blood. Dr. Gary Burge shows us how to apply this miracle to our everyday lives and enrich our communities.
Session 2: The Heartbeat of God
Learn what the miracle of Jesus turning water to wine at the wedding in Cana meant to first-century believers and what it means for us today. Dr. Matt Williams reveals the cultural significance of this miracle and unpacks its meaningful details.
Session 3: Knowing the King
Jesus used the feeding of the five thousand and walking on water to illustrate who he is, but the Jewish people and even the disciples misunderstood these signs. Dr. Michael Wilkins draws out the profound truths in each of these miracles and what they tells us about Christ.
Session 4: A Faith-full Outsider
Unpack the story of the faith of the Canaanite woman and the miracle of her daughter's deliverance from demons. Join Dr. Ben Witherington as he gives a clear overview of the story, packed with cultural and biblical context.
Session 5: Fruitless Lives
Explore the complexities behind Jesus cursing the fig tree before overturning the Temple tables with Dr. David Garland. Uncover the rich meaning behind this strange and puzzling miracle.
Session 6: Grateful Outcasts
Understand the depth of Jesus' healing of the ten lepers. Dr. Mark Strauss unpacks this miracle of healing leprosy and how we can strengthen our faith and reach the outcast and the marginalized people of society.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book