No More "How Long Does it Have to Be?": Fostering Independent Writers in Grades 3-8
In this eagerly awaited sequel to No More “I’m Done!” grade 3-8 teachers will find the inspiration and tools to shift from a teacher-directed writing program to a student-propelled workshop model.
Drawing on a wealth of Writer’s Workshop experience in upper elementary and middle school classrooms, Jennifer Jacobson provides strategies to help you engage and support writers as they discover their voices and take charge of their own learning.
Jacobson shares tips on how to establish the spaces, routines, and tone to run a highly productive writing time:
- Building classroom spaces conducive to practicing thoughtful, engaging writing
- Rolling out a streamlined sequence of varied writing activities
- Leading creative explorations of mentor texts
- Integrating the riches of mini-lessons, conferring, sharing, and publishing
- Building a workshop curriculum that aligns with your goals and rubrics
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book