Promoting Rigor Through Higher Level Questioning: Practical Strategies for Developing Students' Critical Thinking
Promoting Rigor Through Higher Level Questioning equips teachers with effective questioning strategies and:
- Challenges students to think critically, as well as explore their curiosity and imagination.
- Explores the power of questioning to transform the classroom.
- Utilizes Bloom's taxonomy as the key to formulating higher level questions.
- Includes questioning strategies for students' assignments, assessments, day-to-day activities, and classroom discussions.
- Helps make lively, in-depth dialogue the norm.
Teachers must create a culture in which students expect and can engage in rigorous, higher level questioning and discussions, and are comfortable enough that they can ask those questions of one another and themselves.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book