Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy: Management and Case Studies, Second Edition is a unique and succinct textbook for the classroom that blends clinical notes on assessment and management together with case-based instructional approaches to cardiopulmonary care for acute and ambulatory care patients. This one-of-a-kind text describes current approaches that cover traditional physical therapist management strategies and includes evidence-based chapters on early mobilization and exercise training on a wide range of cardiopulmonary patient groups.
The updated Second Edition presents twenty-four cases that were designed to complement each chapter topic and represent the most common pulmonary, cardiac, and neurological conditions that are typically managed in cardiopulmonary care. These cases have been carefully selected and developed over several years to illustrate a spectrum of clinical issues essential for the preparation of the entry-level therapist. The very interactive nature of the case history approach is engaging and provides the opportunity to work through many of the steps of the clinical decision-making process.
Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy: Management and Case Studies, Second Edition also includes answer guides for the questions posed in the assessment and management chapters, as well as for the twenty-four cases.
New in the Second Edition:
· Twenty-four carefully selected evidence-based cases designed to go “hand-in-hand” with chapter topics
· An international perspective that is relevant to physical therapy practice in several countries
· Detailed chapter on noninvasive ventilation and mechanical ventilation
· Several chapters describe early mobilization and exercise training for a range of cardiopulmonary patient groups including those admitted to an intensive care unit
· Faculty will benefit from the “Talk Me Through” PowerPoint slides, which provide a great opportunity for independent learning and complement classroom teaching
The two-fold evidence and case-based learning approach used by Dr. W. Darlene Reid, Frank Chung, and Dr. Kylie Hill allows for a more engaging experience. The inclusion of interactive materials will allow students to learn and develop skills to prepare themselves for their professional transition while clinicians can use the text as a reference tool.
Would you like to save your cart?
We will send your cart at your email, so you can complete your order later...