***Includes Practice Test Questions***
Get the test prep help you need to become a medical laboratory technician test.
The Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Exam is extremely challenging and thorough test preparation is essential for success. Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Exam Secrets Study Guide is the ideal prep solution for anyone who wants to pass the Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Exam.
Not only does it provide a comprehensive guide to the Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Exam as a whole, it also provides practice test questions as well as detailed explanations of each answer.
MLT Exam Secrets Study Guide includes:
- A thorough review for the Medical Laboratory Technician Exam
- A breakdown of aspects of blood banks
- An examination of laboratory practice
- A guide to chemistry and urinalysis tests
- An in-depth look at hematology
- An analysis of immunohematology
- A breakdown of microbiology
- Comprehensive practice questions with detailed answer explanations
It's filled with the critical information you'll need in order to do well on the test the concepts, procedures, principles, and vocabulary that the American Medical Technologists (AMT) expects you to have mastered before sitting for the exam.
The Blood Bank section covers:
- Blood donor eligibility
- Transfusion procedure and reactions
- Storage and transportation
- Blood product use
- Donor reactions
- Transfusion reactions
The Laboratory Practice section covers:
- Safety concerns
- Quality control
- Risk factors yielding errors
- Venipuncture collection
- Epidemics, pandemics, and nosocomial cases
The Chemistry and Urinalysis Tests section covers:
The Hematology section covers:
- Acceptable Chemistry specimen
- False readings and results
- RBC indices
- Drug interference
- White blood cells
- Clotting time test
- Prothrombin times
The Immunohematology section covers:
- Blood component products
- Red blood cells
- Blood Bank agglutination tests
- Platelet antibody Detection Test
- Transfusion reactions
- Prioritizing workload and needs
- Leukocyte-depleted cells
The Microbiology section covers:
These sections are full of specific and detailed information that will be key to passing the Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Exam. Concepts and principles aren't simply named or described in passing, but are explained in detail. The guide is laid out in a logical and organized fashion so that one section naturally flows from the one preceding it. Because it's written with an eye for both technical accuracy and accessibility, you will not have to worry about getting lost in dense academic language.
Any test prep guide is only as good as its practice questions and answers, and that's another area where our guide stands out. Our test designers have provided scores of test questions that will prepare you for what to expect on the actual Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Exam. Each answer is explained in depth, in order to make the principles and reasoning behind it crystal clear.